Did you know that facial pigmentation spots and patches are one of the biggest skin concerns of Singapore women? Living in a tropical country makes you vulnerable to skin pigmentation. While you cannot hide from the sun, you can lighten or remove pigmentation with dermatological and laser treatments.
Speak to a Dermatologist
Dr Wong Soon Tee of Assurance Skin Clinic has been a Ministry of Health Accredited Dermatologist since 1998 and he has treated many patients with pigmentation problems over the years. He often uses a combination approach e.g. combining OBAGI Skincare and IPL/laser to clear/lighten pigmentation. Today, he continues to bring in tried and tested technology and medical-grade skincare products to safely and effectively banish the pigmentation spots and patches.
“Spot” the Real Problem
Melanin is the natural pigment in the body that gives colour to hair, skin and eyes. Hyperpigmentation or brown spots occur when the melanin-producing skin cells become unhealthy or damaged. This leads to the production of more melanin pigment and causes the skin to darken.
However, there are different kinds of hyperpigmentation. Which one do you have?
- Hori’s Macule
- Post-inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH)
- Age spots / Seborrheic keratosis
Beat that Blemish!
Don’t experiment with your skin! An accurate diagnosis is the key to effective pigmentation treatment. When the problem is not diagnosed accurately and wrong treatment approach is applied, it can worsen your skin pigmentation.
Dr Wong Soon Tee is a dermatologist with over 20 years of experience. He will be able to help identify the cause and nature of your pigmentation and recommend the most suitable treatment.
Holistic Approach to Pigmentation Problems
Depending on your case, Dr Wong can recommend one or more of the following:
- Sunscreens and medical grade lightening creams. These contain prescriptive ingredients that lighten the skin and help slow down melanin production. Dr Wong prescribes the correct regimen for your hyperpigmentation to lighten or remove them with a satisfactory outcome.
- Dr Wong uses the Korean Helios III Q-Switched ND-YAG laser to treat lentigines, Hori’s macule, freckles, stubborn acne marks, age spots as well as tattoos. The laser is able to break down your skin pigment without damaging the skin surface. With this fractional pigment laser, the downtime from laser treatment is minimal and the risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is greatly reduced.
- Optimal Pulse Technology (OPTTM) is an upgraded version of Intense Pulse Light (IPL). It penetrates tissue to destroy pigments. Studies show that this technology can reduce superficial pigmentation effectively and significantly.
Get a Personal Consultation
If you are frustrated by the pigmentation on your face, a consultation is an excellent way to get you started on the path to evenly tone and more attractive skin. Call +65 6694 1121 or Whatsapp 97244911 now to make an appointment to see Dr Wong.